Accountant for an international organisation
Consultant Adele Demeire
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-04-03 not-for-profit-and-charities Brussels Brussels BE EUR 3000 3500 3500 MONTH Walters People https://www.walterspeople.be
A non-profit international company is today looking for an Accountant to join their team in Brussels. It will report directly to the Finance Manager.
As Accountant, you will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Responsible for ensuring the prompt and efficient raising of sales invoices (to customers based in Europe and outside Europe).
- Responsible for updating customer data in the CRM system (Sugar).
- Responsible for preparing the VAT return in cooperation with external accountant.
- Responsible for sending reminders and following-up on sales invoices (collections).
- Provide support to the finance manager during closing, prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for providing information to external auditors, VAT authorities and other agencies.
- Process credit card payments by customers.
- Miscellaneous AP and GL accounting tasks, including coding invoices, accounts payable, follow up with suppliers, preparing payments, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
Ideal profile of the Accountant:
- Bachelor Accounting
- A minimum of 5 years
- Good knowledge of VAT rules and VAT returns
- Excellent level of English with a basic level of Dutch and/or French
- Motivated, flexible and open minded
Our client offers:
- A mission in an international environment
- An attractive salary package
If you are motivated, flexible, open minded and ready to evolve within an international atmosphere, this Accountant function is made for you!