Accountant Germany & UK
Salary Attractive salary package commensurate with experience level
Consultant Lene Coeman
Date posted 26 March 20192019-03-26 2019-05-25 manufacturing-and-production Ghent East Flanders BE EUR 20000 45000 45000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.be
A new international accountant job has just become available for a leading technology firm in Gentbrugge. If you are detail oriented and you can work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines, this job as accountant is made for you!
The accountant Germany & UK will be responsible for:
- Handle daily accounting for our German and UK operations, which include offices and personnel in both countries. The tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain A/P, A/R, accruals, bank reconciliation, PP&A, prepaid expenses and intercompany positions
- Assist in cost and payroll accounting
- Support month-end accounting close process for the parts mentioned above
- Assist in tax related matters: including VAT filing and other taxes
- Interact with customers and suppliers for timely processing of invoices, payments and cash collections
- Participate in development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist in the Purchase-to-Pay accounting process for our Belgian operations
- Act as back-up in our Belgian accounting team.
Profile of accountant Germany & UK:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of accounting experience required, including experience working for an international company with intercompany transactions (headquartered in USA a plus)
- Fluency in English. German and Dutch a strong plus.
- Some knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (DE and UK GAAP / IFRS / US GAAP)
- At a minimum, some knowledge of VAT processes (local and international), and/or willingness to further develop in that area
- Some knowledge of internal control principles
- Good interpersonal, organizational, communication skills
- Able to work independently, takes initiative
- Hands-on mentality, critical and analytical mind
- Capable of dealing with changing variables in uncertain situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (mainly Excel) – experience with ERP (NetSuite) a plus
In return, our client offers:
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience level (around €3000 gross/month)
- Permanent assignment
- Pleasant working environment where personal development and initiative have their place in a growing company
Interested? Please send your updated resume to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the following reference 803 370.