(Junior) Surety Underwriter
Salary An attractive salary package
Consultant Adele Demeire
Date posted 07 August 20192019-08-08 2019-10-06 insurance Brussels Brussels BE EUR 2800 3500 3500 MONTH Walters People https://www.walterspeople.be https://www.walterspeople.be/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international insurance company is today looking for a (Junior) Surety Underwriter to join their team in Brussels. You’ll have permanent contract and will report directly to the Manager of the Underwriting department.
As (Junior) Surety Underwriter, you will be responsible of the following tasks:
- You will analyse requests for sureties/bonds coming from brokers or clients
- You will negotiate with the clients and/or brokers about the bond contract terms in order to find a suitable solution, fitted for the client's needs
- You will ensure the maintenance and follow-up of the existing portfolio
- You will investigate the bonds' legal scope. You will adapt the text or clauses if needed, in close consultation with the client and beneficiary. You will be responsible for the issuance of surety bonds (guarantees).
Ideal profile of the (Junior) Surety Underwriter:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Insurance/Finance/Law
- A first similar experience is a big plus
- You have strong analytical skills.
- Excellent level of Dutch with a very good English
- Motivated, flexible and open minded
Our client offers:
- A permanent contract in an international environment
- A very attractive salary package
- A diversified job with a renowned company
If you’re motivated, flexible, open minded and ready to evolve within an international atmosphere, this (Junior) Surety Underwriter function is made for you!
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Walters People and get rewarded.