Consultant Bram De Rycke
Date posted 25 September 2018 2018-09-252018-11-23 financial-services Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Walters People Belgium
A multinational in the Insurance sector in the region of Brussels is looking for an Underwriter. Are you interested in insurances and want to be part of an ambitious environment? Then this could be your dreamjob!
Your tasks as Underwriter:
- Establish and build upon relationships with brokers, clients and reinsurers as necessary.
- Liaise with the claims department when required in the settlement of claims.
- Promote the development of the business by identifying new business and cross sell opportunities.
- Negotiate large custom made insurance policies with multinational clients.
- Support the preparation of the business plan and any other document/ information as required.
- Ensure accurate entry of policy aggregate information onto the relevant software and spreadsheets, as required.
- Prepare and report figures and statistics for the business unit or team account.
- Support the monitoring and control of the business, as directed by Underwriters.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
The ideal profile:
- A practical understanding and analysis of risk, pricing, contract wordings, and claims
- Intellectual curiosity, the ability to plan and organise own role effectively
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to promote own profile and the company to brokers and clients
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and rapport building skills
- Ability to use appropriate systems to the technical level required
- Has a degree in insurance, finance or accounting
The offer as Underwriter:
- A stable environment with an enthousiastic team
- The opportunity to grow and become an expert in Insurance and Underwriting
- Modern offices with a beautiful view over Brussels
- Good salary package with multiple advantages
Does this sound like your ideal job? Then apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference number ‘AQV 776480’