Consultant Alison Siperius
Date posted 05 March 2018Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Walters People Belgium
A position of Compliance Officer has just become available for a prestigious international bank in Brussels. If you have a strong interested in KYC or compliance, this is a great opportunity for you.
The compliance officer will conduct the following tasks:
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews on customers, counterparties and third party introducers including analysing source of wealth, beneficial ownership, potential economic sanction programme breaches and other risk relevant information.
- Conduct risk assessments through the performance of investigative internal research using a variety of internet and third-party sources
- Liaise with internal stakeholders/KYC QC Officers
- Daily surveillance of clients within the new onboarding work stream and/or review work stream.
- Liaise with various members of the AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance Teams and the businesses regarding enhanced due diligence research, findings and recommendations
- Analysis of business specific and counterparty specific information and documentation to research and resolve issues
- Analysis of country risk issues and performance of jurisdictional specific assessments
The ideal Compliance officer
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/economics/banking/management/European studies
- First knowledge of financial markets/products and KYC is an asset
- Good organisational and communication skills, ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to prioritise work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Proactive, self motivated, detailed oriented and well-organised
- English proficiency and additional foreign languages skills would be desirable
In return, our client offers
- A fixed-term contract of 1 year in a dynamic and unique financial institution
- A salary based on your experience with a nice extra-legal package
If you are rigorous, determined and want to join an interesting opportunity within an great bank, this role is for you.