Master Economics for analytical buyer position
Consultant Lene Coeman
Date posted 08 August 20192019-08-08 2019-10-07 hospitality-and-catering Ghent East Flanders BE GBP 25000 35000 35000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.be https://www.walterspeople.be/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international company in de food industry located in Ghent is looking for a new member of the buying team, responsible for raw materials.
They are looking for someone with a masters degree in economics or finance, with an analytical mindset for a job very close to the business and with lots of responsibilities. Are you a communicative person and not afraid to negotiate with suppliers? This job would be perfect for you!
The buyer raw materials will be responsible for:
- You source raw materials within the requested timing and according to agreed quality criteria and technical specifications
- You are responsible for the daily follow-up of commodity markets and processes and the appropriate execution of existing contracts
- You establish a sustainable relation and regular contacts with your key suppliers (performance evaluation, complaints, vendor objectives, cost reductions, innovations,..)
- You negotiate agreements (price agreements/contracts) and conclude with the suppliers
- You formulate internal needs to the supplier for existing and new raw materials
- You determine the needs for raw materials and negotiate price, quality and optimal order quantities within guidelines and you keep up-to-date on internal procedures and supplier data
- You collect and maintain relevant market and supplier information. You follow up and analyse the international and European markets and identify raw materials that can offer added value. You select and contact (international) suppliers that meet our criteria and you assess their quality and solvency
- You are responsible for further expanding internal relations with new product development, sales, quality assurance, production sites in order to optimally translate the requirements to suppliers
- You are responsible for making spend analyses from existing suppliers in the context of price negotiations, preparing the annual budget exercise and giving support during the execution, acting as a first point of contact in case of structural complaints or out-of-stock, etc.
The ideal profile:
- You have a master degree in economics, finance, commercial sciences, business engineering,...
- You are ambitious, energetic, driven and open to receive and give challenges
- You are highly analytical with a flair for numbers
- You are communicative and you have persuasion skills
- You're proactive and stress-resistant, pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Working languages are English and French (most of the plants are based in France). Dutch is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus, no must
The offer as buyer raw materials:
- A challenging job with great purpose
- An international environment where you get all chances to grow
- A people oriented and value driven environment
- A place where you can use your ambition and where you can development your skills
- An attractive salary with extralegal advantages
Does this function has what you are looking for? Then don't wait any longer and apply today!
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Walters People and get rewarded.