Salary Attractive salary package
Consultant Melissa Hellings
Date posted 17 April 2018Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Walters People Belgium
As a core member of the Brussels People Team you will help in the business strategy of this international lawyers company.
The role holder will be responsible, alongside the HR Manager, for advising and managing on all people related processes relevant to the Brussels Office. You will also be accountable for providing and driving best practice in terms of your HR advice when liaising and advising the Partners, Business Services managers/leaders and employees at all stages of the employee lifecycle within the Brussels office.
As HR Advisor you need to handle :
Recruitment and Induction:
- Assist the HR Manager and/or Partners, business services managers with interviews and assessment centres as required.
- Assist with Taleo, ensuring all roles are logged as appropriate.
- Work with the HR Manager on candidate offers and lead the on boarding process.
- Organise and present the Brussels induction program.
- Meet and greet new joiners, collecting and processing paperwork.
- Analyse new joiner feedback, proposing process efficiencies where necessary.
- Oversee Work Experience placements in respective group in collaboration with the HR Administrator.
Employee Relations Matters:
- Support the HR Manager to resolve ER issues and keep accurate records of events, including note taking where required.
- Assist with the drafting of all correspondence relating to formal processes.
- Manage maternity/paternity processes.
- Support the HR Manager with the annual performance evaluation process, bonus awards and salary/compensation review.
- Assist with section/function moderation meetings, including collation of relevant reference materials and note taking.
- Manage communications with the relevant support teams in Manila in terms of process and outputs relating to the annual review processes.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of master files for salary and bonus review.
- Lead on production of moderation materials for Brussels salary and bonus review.
- Acts as a key point of contact and support for the Firm’s evaluation process and addresses queries in a timely fashion whilst leading evaluation system training where appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance on managing performance and where appropriate attend performance management meetings (disciplinarians and grievances) and ensure follow-up.
- Help support on sensitive departures including drafting and where appropriate will negotiate settlement agreements. Manage and co-ordinate internal promotions for legal staff and business services professionals within client groups.
- Provide advice on using the firm’s Career Development Framework (CDF) and act as a CDF champion.
- Pro-actively work in conjunction with the Learning & Development team and partners to identify training needs and career development plans for associates.
- Support the HR Manager and consider the talent pipeline and succession plans.
- Manage and oversee maternity and paternity processes and where necessary; provide advice and guidance to legal staff and partners in line with statutory legislation and firm policy.
- Manage all flexible working requests in line with the firm’s policy, liaise with PGHs and consider the business needs.
- Monitor and manage all sickness absence. When necessary discuss absence with partners and ensure follow-up with individuals.
- Deal with general welfare queries and provide advice and information on the internal and external sources of support available. Ensure follow-up as appropriate.
The ideal profile for the job as HR Advisor:
- 5-10 years experience in a human resources function in a professional services firm or an international organisation would be desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Highly client focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Team player, contributing to the success of the HR team.
- Ability to constructively question existing procedures and consider alternatives.
- Solution oriented approach to issues.
- Excellent technical skills and ability to learn new systems (knowledge of PeopleSoft advantageous).
- Sense of humour.
Our client offer :
- Attractive salary package
- Interim contract with possibility of fixed contract
- Pleasant working environment where personal development and initiative have their place in a growing company
So if you want to provide operational support on day to day people matters, reporting to the Brussels HR Manager, as well as working with the wider HR team to help drive forward the global and regional people agenda through participating in HR projects and programs. Do not hesitate and apply immediately to this jobs as HR Advisor.